Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Hello Everyone!

It's 2013!!! Hope you all had an eventful 2012 and had a great start to 2013 already!  Just wanted to share a painting that I have done with a group of friends in El Segundo at Vintage Canvas!  We all painted for the first time and it was definitely nerve wrecking when it comes to Paris which is the image below.  Of course, some wine and crackers sure helped bring out our creativity...LOL We had an instructor that walked us through each step and before you know it...we were artists in 3 hours =D I would definitely come back as they have many more art that I would like to fill my walls at home. The painting is on a 16x20 canvas and use water based paint.  This one will definitely be in my craft room for my inspiration =P

Here is the inspiration quote for the night!

This was a finished sample of what our art would look like =)

 Below is my take so far on painting...


And there is me with my palette of colors...LOL


And...TAH DAH! Our Masterpieces making it something of our own!

5 comments:

  1. Great job with your painting... looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of you did an A+ on your art work. All of you are natural born artists. That is so neat that you were taught to paint such a great piece in 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of you did an A+ on your art work. All of you are natural born artists. That is so neat that you were taught to paint such a great piece in 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is sooo cool! Takes me back to junior high school and art class. You all did a wonderful job!!
    A fun night to spend with friends.
    Great job Kat!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy,
    Happy New Year!!! You are definitely multi-talented. What a gorgeous painting. You should be very proud of yourself. Thanks so much for the sweet New Year's card too. I was so touched and will definitely ad it to my "collection." May 2013 be filled with crafting, crafting, and more crafting.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment! I appreciate it very much!