Saturday, January 11, 2014

Card in a Box!

Hello Weekend!!

I been wanting to share this post for a long time but just never got the pictures together and sorry for my picture taking skills here in advance...lol I came across this before the holidays and knew I had to make one. The stamp set is Festive Flurry from Stampin Up! It has a coordinating die cut with it too which is what makes it so awesome! Below is my first take on the card in 3-D form. You can find a video tutorial here. Keep in mind that the tutorial is in the UK and their paper size is different from ours! I figured that out the hard way and created a small guide of my own for you if you want to give it a stab at the end=) The card is very versatile for other occasions not just Christmas. It was fun and I will definitely use it again so hope you have fun! Leanne also made some cool cards of this after we had a craft get together doing this with some buddies check it out!


Here is another angle view


Here is another card I did with the colors changed up.


Below is an angle view, the flap that stays standing up with the large snowflake is where you can write your personal message in the back of it.




Above is the card folded down flat showing inside

This is the card folded down flat from the outside

Guide for Card in a Box

Below is the template for a 8.5x11 sized paper
Cut the paper on the 8.5 end to 5.5 inches

Turn the paper horizontal and score at 2 and 5/8, 5 and 1/4, 7 and 7/8, and 10 and 1/2
Turn the paper vertical or other way and score at 2 and 5/8
The dotted line below is where you cut which is the shorter end for the card box


















You will need to cut 2 bridges for the box at 1 inch by 3.3 inches (score in a quarter of an inch on each side)







You will need to cut 4 designer paper of choice at 2 and 1/2 for top







You will need a plain strip for your message at 2 and 1/2 by 5 and 3/8
You will need to cut 3 designer paper of choice at 2 and 3/4 for bottom

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment! I appreciate it very much!